Thursday, April 28, 2011

Date Night: Iron & Wine/ The Low Anthem

I'm in the middle of exam week and there is no better break than having a date night... a concert date night, no less! I bought tickets to this Iron & Wine/ The Low Anthem show in Richmond months ago for Patrick's birthday. In case you didn't follow my old blog.... concerts are our THING. Our first date was at a Mute Math concert 3.5 years ago & the rest is history!

So we took a little road trip, and I made sure I brought along my favorite fruit puree juice smooth from Trader Joe's!
2

Obligatory kissy-face photo...
1
We got to meet up with our friends, Hannah and Kevin! Patrick & Kevin grew up together, and Hannah and Kevin are also engaged & getting married next month. They grew apart for a while and I think it's amazing how they are both pretty much on the same track. And so competitive, these two!

Both of the bands were pretty great. The Low Anthem has been one of our favorites for a while. They find most of their instruments and equipment at antique malls, thrift stores, craigslist, garage sales, and auctions, which makes them gain major cool points with me. In fact, they inspired me to get Patrick his Christmas gift from this past year, which was a WWII organ, but more on that later.
3
Sam Beam also had a pretty good set. I think I'm still not used to him with a band. Glad he played a few old favorites acoustic, though! People kept comparing Patrick's beard to Sam's. I think he got about five beard comments... and one guy even took a picture! Good or bad sign when people ask to take pictures of your beard?
Untitled

I also failed to take a snapshot but this was my first concert without X's on my hand and a school bus hand wrist! I was proud and ordered a rum & coke, my first alcholic drink besides a mimosa that I was actually able to stand & drink all of! Of course, I was making nonsense jokes afterward and can remember nonstop laughing... and strange looks from friends...

Oh, we also made a little video on the way up... well... I tried to make a video... Patrick tried his best to ruin it....This was my third attempt! And the whole middle finger thing?! Well, we don't curse ever, so when we do something "bad" like that it's a big joke and hilarious to us. It really probably isn't that funny but we are like little kids, what can I say?!

20 comments:

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Oh wow, sounds amazing! Iron & Wine came in New Zealand a few years ago, and I was so gutted I couldn't make it!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

Rebecca May said...

Richmond has GREAT concerts. There was Of Montreal a few weeks ago but I was already otherwise engaged...

Its awesome you were able to see such fabulous bands in person. :3

Amanda said...

Sounds like a blast! Hehe, your video made me giggle...Gavin does the same thing when I try to make videos.


And yay for rum and coke! Actually, that's a lie...I personally hate rum haha. I much prefer whiskey and coke. But what I'm really getting at is yay for no X's!

Anonymous said...

so jealous! wish I could see them live!

so glad I found your cute blog- i'm following. : )

herecomesthesun said...

you two are very cute together :)

sweet harvest moon said...

I&W are the best! Glad you had a great time!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Amazing! Loveee iron and wine so much. Jealous!
Also love mango juice and that video. Cute! We don't cuss either and are the same way. :]

Tessa said...

Jealous about you seeing Iron & Wine!

Anonymous said...

Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the great effort.


Also visit my blog post - coachhandbagsoutletshopx.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm going to
start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
completely unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had
to ask!

Here is my blog post クロエ店舗

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your web site by means of Google while looking
for a similar subject, your website came up, it appears good.
I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, just was aware of your blog thru Google,
and found that it's really informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

My homepage: エアジョーダン シューズ

Anonymous said...

Now I am going away to do my breakfast, later than having my breakfast coming yet again to read other
news.

Also visit my page - ralph lauren sale

Anonymous said...

its flexible grooves increase the articulation and flexibility.
It has a rubber outsole furthermore presents the most useful quantity of traction
force and durability. the Nike Zoom, or you can opt the more existing design Nike Dunks.
The ipod mini was usually preferred until the introduction of iPod nano.

http://speakingpartners.com/groups/to-make-nike-2012-web-site-work-for-your-organization/

Feel free to visit my homepage; cheap nike air max

Anonymous said...

Among these, the most popular theme even now, may be
the simple digital mp3 player. Tees no longer believe in giving others the silent treatment.
Ugg Australia is a brand name about fashionable
sheepskin boots. What is appears down to should be basically personal preference.
http://www.semanticschool.com/slownik/index.
php?title=Użytkownik:Angelika5

Anonymous said...

What's up, its nice paragraph on the topic of media print, we all know media is a enormous source of data.

Here is my site :: Christian Louboutin Pumps

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! This is the type of information that should be shared
around the web. Disgrace on the search engines for no longer positioning this put up upper!
Come on over and talk over with my website . Thanks =)

Feel free to visit my homepage: http://www.bringnewshoes.com/

Anonymous said...

For you to fasten many different diverse knots at a glance.
Just one more area to study is the constitution you
will try to be playing at. Over there are many means to get far better
fuel distance. What differs will emerge as the way they teach their misfortune---it's the reverse way. http://en.kendology.org/profile/TyroneBar

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to provide one thing again and aid others like you helped me.


My blog post アバクロ

Anonymous said...

Article writing is also a excitement, if you be familiar with after that you can write otherwise it is complex to write.



My homepage レイバン

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This blog post couldn't be written much better! Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept talking about this. I am going to forward this article to him. Pretty sure he'll have a great read.
Thanks for sharing!

Feel free to surf to my website ... Discount rolex watches