Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Busy Bee

I've been such a busy bee lately. I just took my last two finals a couple of hours and feel like I can actually breathe... for about a week and a half, at least, until I start my summer classes!

In my [rare] spare moments, I've been doing a couple of little DIY projects! It's kind of silly but at the age of 21 I feel like I am just really starting to embrace my creative side. I've always had a desire to create, and I've always had to eye, but didn't think I had the "making" gene. A goal of mine this summer is to bust out my sewing machine and really learn how to use it. I have so many dresses that would actually be wearable if I could hem them!
outfit pics 001
outfit pics 002
Anyways, these little floral crowns were the product of one of my creative moments. All three of these (with plenty of vine wire to spare!) cost a mere $20! And I bought a pair of $10 wire cutters! I tried following online tutorials, but I found all of the tutorials made it seem much more difficult than it really was. It literally took me 5 minutes to make each of these. Perhaps mine won't last as long as the ones on the tutorials but hey, I'll take 5 minutes over 2 hours! You will see me wearing one of these pretties in a special post pretty soon.

Well, I'm going to make another trip to Michaels to start on some other fun and exciting projects. Stay tuned because Saturday I will have a mega exciting post. When I say exciting, I mean EXCITING. All caps necessary.

7 comments:

Amber Schmidt said...

I love the way these turned out! My last final is tomorrow morning, 8am sharp (composed of a test and then a cumulative final- what a booger he is!). I can't wait to breathe easy again.

<3

Jessica said...

Ohhhh, is this the exciting thing I think it is?! Pertaining to a long overdue facebook message reply? Haha. I'm excited to seeee!

The Semi Sweet said...

Gorgeous look and those floral crowns are gorgeous:) I love the dress too. In fact I love this whole post:) Eeekk!!! Only 1.5 days:)

Anonymous said...

1. i want one of those headbands. hook a sister up?
2. those glasses are cute- i vote you wear them outta da house.

Anonymous said...

... how do i set that up?

because that seems like a VERY good choice.

Jen Hammer said...

oh my gosh, i LOVE your flower crowns! i got into a flower crown kick a little while ago too, but yours came out waaaay better haha. i'm just not the crafty type. oh and i also love your hair color!

Veronika Novotny said...

ooh, the floral crowns are absolutely adorable!! I love them. And you are the cutest, your thrifted dress is so fab + I'm loving the glasses. Hope you're have a lovely Thursday. xx veronika