Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's old is new again

Hello! How has your week been, friends? I started summer classes (yuck), have been working nonstop, and we are trying to figure out our moving situation because we would ideally like to be moved in to a place in 2 weeks! We are still trying to find a 3rd roommate for the house, and it is too perfect to give up, so we are desperately trying to find someone to fill the spot.

The weather has been so unpredictable lately. It's scheduled to rain pretty much all this week, but so far it's mostly just been cloudy, which I love, but others in this beach town... they don't think too highly of it.
DSC_0004
DSC_0009
I found this skirt thrifting a few months back & knew it would be perfect for the summer. I had intentions of hemming it to slightly above knee-length, but since the whole maxi length thing is back in, I figured I'd try it out.. and.. success! I just made sure to pair it with a girly, flirty blouse to avoid going full granny. I'm known for going full granny though, so it wouldn't be too far off my radar.
DSC_0012
DSC_0007
I'm off to do some more name change stuff! The little things that you don't even think about end up being the biggest annoyances. In other news.. I'm getting slightly better at my new signature, a big personal achievement!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that shirt! the outfit is perfect- you definitely avoided granny. : )

The Semi Sweet said...

You are totally rocking that pretty skirt with the blouse!! I love the length on you. Good luck with the roommate situation. I'm really crossing my fingers!

SoFashionistica said...

That skirt is awesome! I love it! I want to try this skirt length but I don't know how I will look in it....guess I will have to use you as an inspiration.

Jen Hammer said...

Aww I wish we lived in Virginia otherwise I'd offer to move in! Haha. Oh and to answer your question, I was in the Richmond area when I went there. Not sure how close that is to you!

Anyway, I love your outfit! And I need that skirt in my life. Good luck and try not to stress out on the name change married stuff. Once it's all over with you'll breathe a sigh of relief and get to relax with your new husband!! :)

Punky said...

I saw your comment on Orchid Grey about swapping, I just wanted to show you our Swap Directory. Maybe there is a event in your city, if not check back soon. We are listing swaps daily!

http://events.swap.com
Punky
@theswapaholics

sweet harvest moon said...

Cute outfit!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty outfit :) x

Gorgeous Clara said...

looove that skirt!

Romwe Online said...

yes,what's old is new again.Love your floral top<3,really amazing~~~

http://romwe-romwe.blogspot.com/

wholesale clothing said...

the top is so cute, I love the prints! perfect with blue skirt.

girl and bird said...

i know this was posted a while ago but i came across your blog from the gorgeous daily fashionista, and i love this outfit! the skirt is perfect. it'd look awesome with a slim-fitting striped top too, i reckon!

Annah xx

girlandbird.blogspot.com